Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Get this...

Zinczenko did it again. But now a kids version. Now I don't have kids, but I'm loving all of the additional tips and suggestions that this book offers. I've talked to some people and they feel that this book doesn't tell them anything they don't already know. I'd like to say for maybe some people that might be true, but overall there are all sorts of things that people eat that they consider to be pretty healthy and in actuality they'd be better off eating a stick of butter.

Also our society is different today then it was even 20 years ago. The average American eats out 4.2 meals per week. We live in a different world and in a perfect world we'd make every meal from scratch and have fresh fruits and veggies all the time, but the reality is that just doesn't happen. This book helps to educate you to make that better decision when you are eating out. It might not be the best compared to a fresh home cooked meal, but just because you decide to eat on the run it doesn't mean your waistline has to suffer.

I love that it is mostly pictures. It's great when you need a quick decision on what to eat. How many times are you stuck eating out somewhere you don't want to go or you feel lost as far as what to get when it comes to cereals or crackers. This book is your answer. I now have both and I keep one in my purse and one in the car so I have it handy when I need it. Even if you only eat out twice a week this book is a must have. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Tip of the Day: If you love brownies or cookies like I do it can be hard when you end up making a batch and it can serve 12 when there's only 2 of you. As soon as they get out of the oven I set aside my singe serving and immediately portion out the rest in zip lock bags and throw them in the freezer. Eat the leftovers on another day and you don't run the risk of overeating just because it was sitting around. Try it!

2 comments:

CtephFrid said...

Another thing I do so as to not to overeat (being that there is only 2 of us) take out a single portion, thenbox the rest up and give away to friends and family - of course split it up so as to not let them overindulge either ;).
Thanks for your posts! I really like the regular reminders!

Carrie said...

Great tips Kim! This tip was actually on The Biggest Loser the other night! Just goes to show you that you REALLY know your stuff!!!