Saturday, July 26, 2008

Tired of normal exercise routines?


Make it fun again and get Wii Fit. Nintendo released their new balance board and Wii Fit game at the end of May and I finally got one. It is so much fun. I have had it for two days and I can't get enough of it. What a great way to get people moving and to do so in the privacy of their own home. I really love the Wii in general because the games are interactive and it makes you use your whole body, but Wii Fit takes this to the next level. You can do all sorts of things on this board such as lunges, pushups, downward dog, skiing, planks, single leg extensions, the list just keeps going. The game has 4 divisions of training: strength, balance, yoga, and aerobic. You can mix and match to your desire. It also has a scale built into it so you can do daily weigh ins and it tracks your progress with your BMI, weight, Wii Age, balance scores, and a few other fun things.
I really think that everyone should have a Wii and the Wii Fit game in their home and what fun it can be for everyone in the family to do together. (Another reason I really like the Wii/Wii Fit is because it's user friendly and people of all ages can use it from little kids to grandparents.) It makes getting the body moving exciting and new by making it into a game.

Cost of a Nintendo Wii-$249.
Cost of the Wii Fit game which comes with the new balance board-$90.
Cost of 10 extra years at the end of your life from exercising everyday-PRICELESS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! Could I try yours sometime? Then I could buy it if I really get into it. I want to hear mmore about what workouts you are doing right now! Hugs!

Kimbo said...

Of course. Next time you're in town I'll bring it so you can see it. I love it!